For: PT, PTA, OT, OTA, MD, DO, RN, NP, PA, PSYCH, OTHER
This program is for clinicians with an interest in inspiring healthy behaviors in their clients. The Lifestyle Medicine curriculum will provide the framework for assessing and treating those with conditions that impact living a healthy life. Clinicians will be able to help those with metabolic disorders, those who suffer from persistent pain, cardiovascular disorders, obesity, poor sleep habits, stress or other symptoms or diagnoses, move towards a path of thriving health. This program will serve to prepare clinicians to become a certified lifestyle medicine practitioner through the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine and or the American College of Lifestyle Medicine.
Want to take a deeper dive on how this certification can affect your practice? The webinar gives an overview of the content in the program courses, which types of clients will benefit and how you can incorporate lifestyle medicine into your practice.
- Apply the components/pillars of lifestyle medicine principles to inspire health behavior change.
- Integrate nutrition, exercise, motivational interviewing skills and other key aspects of wellness to encourage clients towards living a healthy life.
- Confidence in treating those with clients with complex comorbidities.
- Preparation to become certified lifestyle medicine practitioner through the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine and or the American College of Lifestyle Medicine.
- Be your own beacon of wellness by incorporating these skills into your own wellness story.
OT Accommodation Statement