For: PT, PTA, OT, OTA, MD, DO, RN, NP, PA, PSYCH, Other Licensed Health Care Providers
Nutrition plays a vital role in health and wellness. This course will help the learner recognize the role food plays in lifestyle-related disease. In Lifestyle Medicine, the practitioner must move beyond diets and work to change behaviors through medical nutrition counseling. A special focus will be on nutritional prescription that will inspire clients to change food consumption habits to improve the human experience.
- Understand current American dietary guidelines and how science-based recommendations are different
- Describe the role and implication of nutrition in common lifestyle-related diseases and how Lifestyle Medicine can prevent/treat/reverse common chronic diseases affecting the United States
- Cite relevant nutrition studies for nutrition prescriptions
- Summarize impact of nutrition on sleep and stress and emotional well being
- Briefly describe role of epigenetics and nutrition
- List key macro and micronutrient areas where Americans get too much and or are lacking
- Summarize how the physiology of diabetes is impacted with plant-based nutrition
- Be able to use nutrition in all phases of illness and health
- Understand how to make Lifestyle Medicine Nutrition Recommendations
- Develop an understanding on how to coach a person through a nutrition prescription
CEU and Cancellation Policy
If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact us here. We will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner. For more information please see the Accommodation Procedures for Participants with Disabilities.