Online: Radiology / Essentials of Musculoskeletal Imaging
This course encompasses the essentials of musculoskeletal radiology and other common imaging modalities such as MRI, CT, musculoskeletal ultrasound, Bone Scans, and DEXA Scans. This course helps participants’ confidence grow in the areas of common radiographic views, radiographic presentation of common musculoskeletal conditions, and communicating with patients about how their diagnostic imaging results relate to their current problem.
- Engage in the diagnostic process using musculoskeletal imaging procedures when appropriate to establish differential diagnoses across systems and across the lifespan.
- Determine the most appropriate musculoskeletal imaging procedure according to the patient/client presentation and the current best evidence for diagnosis.
- Determine the most appropriate radiographic views according to patient/client presentation, current best evidence for diagnosis, and current best evidence for reducing ionizing radiation exposure.
- Describe a systematic approach to the analysis of plain film radiography, magnetic resonance imaging, bone scans, and computed tomography and determine the relevance of visualized pathology to clinical decision-making.
- Use evidence-based diagnostic imaging procedures as appropriate to help determine the patient/client who would benefit from physical therapy interventions and the patient/client who requires referral for medical services.
- Review diagnostic test studies on musculoskeletal imaging according to evidence-based criteria for validity, including an explanation of radiographic clinical decision rules for orthopedic pathology related to the spine and extremities.
- Understand basic concepts of musculoskeletal image acquisition and interpretation.
- Recognize the appearance of normal anatomy and common pathology on musculoskeletal images to facilitate diagnostic accuracy and appropriate intervention strategies and forces.
- Effectively educate patients and clients regarding their diagnostic imaging result
- Formulate an enhanced working vocabulary of diagnostic and musculoskeletal imaging terminology and appropriately communicate with other medical professionals using the language of diagnostic imaging.
CEU and Cancellation Policy