Post-professional DPT can be added to the Geriatric Certification for an additional $4,800 in tuition and 8 credits of coursework to include:
- APPT 6110 – Essentials of Pharmacology & Clinical Lab Tests
- APPT 6210 – Essentials of Musculoskeletal Imaging
- APPT 6220 – Essentials of Medical Screening
- PROF 6100 – Professionalism: Roles & Responsibilities
- TPS 6410 – Therapeutic Neuroscience Education
The Post-professional DPT degree is not intended as an advanced academic degree in preparation for teaching as ranked faculty in a physical therapy educational program. The EIM Post-professional DPT is designed to be a clinically oriented degree. Typically, academic institutions seek ranked faculty members who have “terminal doctoral degrees”, such as a PhD, DSc, etc. Individuals desiring an advanced academic degree that prepares them for teaching should pursue the appropriate degree (ie, PhD, DSc, etc.) based on feedback from their target institution. While some institutions with a clinical faculty appointment track recognize the Post-professional DPT for academic purposes, most require that it come from a regionally accredited institution.