For: DPT, PTA, OTD, COTA
The comprehensive online training program assists health care educators and those interested in transitioning into academia in the development of essential knowledge and skills within the academic setting. The 26-week program features 13 faculty-led modules that promote excellence in professional health care education. Learners will increase knowledge, skills, and confidence to promote academic excellence, create opportunities for significant learning, and enhance professional growth for success within health care education.
Upon completion of the program faculty will:
- Discuss shared governance, health care accreditation, and the laws and policies that influence the academic environment and faculty roles.
- Develop a network of mentors and colleagues to support professional growth, leadership development, and excellence within the academic setting.
- Develop high impact course offerings and instructional strategies based upon learning science theory and universal design concepts that support students’ motivation, competence, self-efficacy, and self-directed learning.
- Design high quality student assessment tools that objectively measure learning, skill development, and readiness for clinical education.
- Create resources, strategies, and interventions that build a culture of resilience and support student success through the academic rigors of graduate health care education.
- Create professional resources to guide development and integration of leadership skills, teaching excellence, and scholarship achievement to facilitate promotion within the academic environment.
- Enhance knowledge and skills that promote a professional scholarship agenda.
- Promote cultures of empowerment, innovation, and quality improvement through effective program assessment and strategic planning initiatives.
View the research poster on this program presented at the 2023 Combined Sections Meeting here.
Summary of Research
View a summary of the program research here.