Online, Self-directed, rolling admission
Start any time. Online - Self-Paced.Register
This course is designed to enhance and deepen your knowledge base as you care for patients with sexual dysfunction and help you create a comprehensive toolbox for sexual interviewing, counseling, and troubleshooting techniques to use with your patients.
Note: this coursework does not repeat the sexual knowledge gained in the management courses, but is intended to compliment what you learn in those courses – everything you learned there very much applies! Your grade is determined by a quiz during each module of the course. You are allowed to attempt the quiz multiple times, and it is an open book quiz.
By the end of the course, a successful learner will be able to:
• Define common terms used to describe sexuality and the sexual experience.
• Discuss the physiology of various aspects of sexuality, including arousal, penetration, and orgasm.
• Name at least three questions that can be helpful in performing a thorough, helpful sexual interview.
• Discuss elements of sexual positioning troubleshooting.
• Discuss hormonal impact on sexuality.
• Explain how sexuality fluctuates across the age span, as well as considerations that may be needed at various steps along the way.
• Create homework with and without partner involvement that can be helpful to these patients and enhance your clinical results.
If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact us here. We will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner. For more information please see the Accommodation Procedures for Participants with Disabilities.