Online, Self-directed, rolling admission
Start any time. Online - Self-Paced.Register
Enhance your knowledge of abdominal, pelvic, genital and nerve surgeries and pharmacology implications. The course will cover rehabilitation ramifications regarding pre- and post-operative care as well as impacts of pharmacologic agents. Course readings have been chosen to provide a deeper understanding in these areas.
By the end of the course, a successful learner will be able to:
• Describe the impacts of abdominal surgery on the pelvic floor and lumbopelvic spine.
• Describe how the different surgical approaches can impact the lumbopelvic spine.
• Understand the types of abdominal surgeries.
• Describe the role of rehabilitation in the management of patients undergoing abdominal surgery both pre and post operatively.
• Describe types of vaginal and nerve surgeries you may see in your pelvic floor patients.
• Discuss evidence, if any exists, for postoperative rehabilitation (process and protocols).
• Understand the tissues impacted with hysterectomy.
• Describe the different types of prolapse repairs.
• Describe the different surgical techniques for bladder suspension.
• Be familiar with prostatectomy.
• Understand the tissues impacted with hernia repair.
• Be familiar with the surgical process for colon resection.
• Be familiar with surgical pelvic floor repair surgeries
• Describe the tissues impacted with laparoscopic endometrial removal.
• Understand the rehab implications for organ surgeries
• Demonstrate understanding of the types of medications available to treat overactive bladder, constipation, fecal incontinence and pelvic pain.
• Understand the potential side effects of medications that treat urinary and GI dysfunction and their impact on urination and defecation.
• Be aware of potential side effects of common, over the counter medications on the urologic and GI systems.
• Understand the impacts of hormone therapy on the body.
If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact us here. We will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner. For more information please see the Accommodation Procedures for Participants with Disabilities.