About Anna Lembke, MD
Dr. Anna Lembke is currently Associate Professor and Medical Director of Addiction Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine. She was one of the first in the medical community to sound the alarm regarding opioid overprescribing and the opioid epidemic. In 2016, she published her best-selling book on the prescription drug epidemic, Drug Dealer, MD – How Doctors Were Duped, Patients Got Hooked, and Why It’s So Hard to Stop (Johns Hopkins University Press, 2016), which combines case studies with public policy, cultural anthropology, and neuroscience, to explore the complex relationship between doctors and patients around prescribing controlled drugs. Drug Dealer, MD has had an impact on policy makers and legislators across the nation. Dr. Lembke has testified before Congress and consulted with governors and senators from Kentucky to Missouri to Nevada.
Join Dr. Lembke for her session with Dr. Matthew Smuck – What’s Next in the Opioid Epidemic?
What you can expect from this year’s Virtual Align Conference
- Learn from international experts without leaving home
- Participate in interdisciplinary discussions with attendees from around the world
- Network within the event app to connect with others at the conference
- Actively engage with speakers and conference content
- Access content after the live event PLUS receive a free trial of EIM’s new membership, with courses, clinical resources and more
- Save on travel + get Early Bird Pricing until July 19th