Course Access: Troubleshooting Tips
Are you having trouble accessing your course? Here’s what to expect and suggested troubleshooting you can do.
What to expect:
- Your course will appear on your Canvas dashboard within 48 hours (two business days) of registering for a course.
- Courses open in the following cadence:
- Weekend/on site lab courses: approximately 30 days in advance of the course
- Faculty led online courses: 1 week prior to the start date of the course
- Self paced rolling admission courses: open immediately once the course appears on your dashboard
- Virtual labs: 1 week prior to the start date of the course
3. If this is your first course with Evidence In Motion, you’ll receive an email with information on how to access Canvas, our learning platform, when your account is created. This is different than your student profile in our student information system. Please check your junk or spam folder. The email will come from @instructure.com, please add to your safe sender list. If you cannot find the email, please see the troubleshooting tips below for assistance accessing your new Canvas account.
4. If you have taken coursework with us previously, please log into Canvas as you typically would. Your course tile should appear on your dashboard within 48 hours of your registration and will open in the cadence outlined above.
- If you have not received the email for course access after 48 hours (two business days), you can try to login to Canvas at https://eim.instructure.com/login/canvas. You’ll use the email address you used to register for the course. For returning students, try resetting your password if you don’t remember it. For first-time EIM course students, the default password is Password1!
- If 48 hours (two business days) have passed since you registered and the above instructions do not work, please contact us at [email protected].