For: PT, OT
Evidence In Motion’s Specialty Certification in Stroke Recovery is a post-professional clinical and didactic program designed to translate evidence into practice and provide PTs and OTs with the tools to provide best practice management in persons following stroke. This evidence-based curriculum will guide participants through the full spectrum of stroke rehabilitation, from neuroanatomy and pathology to examination and treatment, with the ultimate goal of facilitating recovery of function and improved reported quality of life.
- Create a collaborative environment to integrate current evidence in stroke rehabilitation into therapist models of practice.
- Establish an evidence-based resource library to support therapists engaged in stroke rehabilitation.
- Examine and apply best practice standards in stroke rehabilitation for advancement of current post-stroke care.
- Identify, honor, respect and reinvigorate the therapist’s passion for working with stroke survivors.
- Develop strategies to promote advocacy and holistic care post stroke to empower therapists to assist patients to improve quality of life.
OT accommodation statement