I believe the most powerful modality physical therapy has to offer our patients and ourselves is education."
Laura is a physical therapist assistant and educator with more than 17 years of experience in diverse practice settings including military, outpatient private practice, chronic pain program, industrial rehabilitation, acute and subacute rehabilitation, home health and higher education. In her free time, Laura and her husband Matt are on a mission to visit every state park in Texas.
- Director of Clinical Operations & PTA Program Development
- Program Director PTA Specialty Certification in Orthopaedics
- As Quality Enhancement Director led team efforts to develop a college-wide Ethical Decision Making QEP rated Exceptional by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and placed in their resource room as a model
for other institutions to follow.
- As an entry-level PTA Program Director led program student outcomes to 100% graduation rate, first-time state board pass rates and employment rate.
- First PTA on EIM staff
Areas of Interest:
- Ethical Decision Making
- Innovative Strategies in Clinical Education